Atlanta Fulton Public Library System
- To recruit new members into the Georgia Library Association and to help these members further their knowledge of the profession and the association.
- To provide new members of the profession with a common meeting ground for connecting with one another and to the Georgia library community as a whole.
- To facilitate professional growth through offering meeting presentations and training, a wiki-based collaborative resource center, committee involvement, and many other opportunities.
- To assist the Georgia Library Association in promoting a greater feeling of involvement and responsibility for the development of library service and librarianship.
- To act as a sounding board for ideas of the New Members Round Table membership and to identify potential leaders within the Georgia Library Association.
January 25, 2008
October 16, 2008 - NMRT and AEL
April 17, 2010
October 13, 2010
January 28, 2011
October 5, 2011
January 27, 2012
January 11, 2013
You Got the Job – Now What? Rising to the Challenge in Your New Library Position
Date: Saturday, October 25
Time: 2-4 p.m.
Location: Scott Candler Library, 1917 Candler Rd, Decatur, GA 30032
Register for this event
When you're starting a new job, learning the technical and practical skills of the position is one part of what will make you a success. The soft skills – like conflict management, good communication, and cooperation – are just as important. Come hear three professional librarians and managers speak about the soft skills and personal attributes that will make the difference in your library career.
Our speakers include:
Cliff Landis – Web Services Librarian, Georgia State University Library
Ashley Dupuy – Assistant Director for Instructional Services, Kennesaw State University Sturgis Library
Kate Nevins – Executive Director, LYRASIS
Atlanta Emerging Librarians:
Formed in early 2008, AEL is intended to create in-person connections between MLIS students, new graduates and new librarians in the Atlanta area. The group meets 4 times a year for networking events and professional development presentations. All events are free. We welcome visitors, volunteers, and program suggestions. For more information or to get involved, please join our Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/atlanta-emerging-librarians or email email@example.com
Atlanta Emerging Librarians Listserv:
Want to connect with other library school students, new librarians or recent graduates in Georgia? Join the AEL list serve for event announcements and discussion forums.