Kennesaw State University
Atlanta Fulton Public Library System
- To recruit new members into the Georgia Library Association and to help these members further their knowledge of the profession and the association.
- To provide new members of the profession with a common meeting ground for connecting with one another and to the Georgia library community as a whole.
- To facilitate professional growth through offering meeting presentations and training, a wiki-based collaborative resource center, committee involvement, and many other opportunities.
- To assist the Georgia Library Association in promoting a greater feeling of involvement and responsibility for the development of library service and librarianship.
- To act as a sounding board for ideas of the New Members Round Table membership and to identify potential leaders within the Georgia Library Association.
January 25, 2008
October 16, 2008 - NMRT and AEL
April 17, 2010
October 13, 2010
January 28, 2011
October 5, 2011
January 27, 2012
January 11, 2013
The Future of Librarianship: Emerging Technologies - All New Librarians Must Know
Date: Saturday, August 16
Time: 2-4 p.m.
Location: Toco-Hills Public Library
Register for this event
Curious how you can stay up-to-date on the latest technology as a librarian? Want to know what current professionals are doing with technology in their libraries? Join us for a discussion with three panelists about the importance of technology to the library profession and descriptions of technology use at a variety of libraries.
Our speakers include:
Chris Pollette – Emerging Technologies Librarian, Emory University. Topic: TBA
Robin Fay – LOR Portal Manager/Developer, Athens Technical College. Topic: Open Educational Resources, General Technology Trends
Elijah Scott – Director, Georgia Highlands College Libraries. Topic: 3-D Printing
Atlanta Emerging Librarians:
Formed in early 2008, AEL is intended to create in-person connections between MLIS students, new graduates and new librarians in the Atlanta area. The group meets 4 times a year for networking events and professional development presentations. All events are free. We welcome visitors, volunteers, and program suggestions. For more information or to get involved, please join our Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/atlanta-emerging-librarians or email email@example.com
Atlanta Emerging Librarians Listserv:
Want to connect with other library school students, new librarians or recent graduates in Georgia? Join the AEL list serve for event announcements and discussion forums.