Kennesaw State University
Georgia Gwinnett College
Georgia Gwinnett College
- To recruit new members into the Georgia Library Association and to help these members further their knowledge of the profession and the association.
- To provide new members of the profession with a common meeting ground for connecting with one another and to the Georgia library community as a whole.
- To facilitate professional growth through offering meeting presentations and training, a wiki-based collaborative resource center, committee involvement, and many other opportunities.
- To assist the Georgia Library Association in promoting a greater feeling of involvement and responsibility for the development of library service and librarianship.
- To act as a sounding board for ideas of the New Members Round Table membership and to identify potential leaders within the Georgia Library Association.
January 25, 2008
October 16, 2008 - NMRT and AEL
April 17, 2010
October 13, 2010
January 28, 2011
October 5, 2011
January 27, 2012
January 11, 2013
AEL Informal Mingle
Date: Saturday, Aug. 20, 2016
Time: 5:00-7:00 pm
Location: Yaarab Shrine Center, 400 Ponce De Leon Ave, Midtown Atlanta
The Atlanta Emerging Librarians' (AEL) next informal mingle will be at the Atlanta Rollergirls' Grudge Match. Come join us for a night of fun while we watch the Denim Demons and the Sake Tuyas vie for 3rd and 4th place in the league.
Buy Your Tickets at: http://www.atlantarollergirls.com/
RSVP for this event
***AEL is only staying for the 5pm game (Game 1 Tickets). If you want to stay for both the 5pm and 7:30pm game, make sure you buy the Double Header Tickets. Single tickets are $15, Double Header tickets are $25.
AEL 2016 Academic Library Tour
Date: Friday, September 9, 2016
Time: 2:00 pm
Location: Pitts Theology Library at Emory University
Looking for a challenging career path to pursue with your MLIS? Academic libraries support and serve the research and knowledge of the college and university community. Academic librarianship also provides a great opportunity to employ subject area expertise. Please join us on Friday, September 9, at 2:00 pm as we tour the Pitts Theology Library at Emory University. An informal mingle will follow after at Tin Lizzy's Cantina, 1540 Avenue Pl, Atlanta, GA.
RSVP for this event by Tuesday, September 6th if you plan on joining us for the tour.
Atlanta Emerging Librarians:
Formed in early 2008, AEL is intended to create in-person connections between MLIS students, new graduates and new librarians in the Atlanta area. The group meets 4 times a year for networking events and professional development presentations. All events are free. We welcome visitors, volunteers, and program suggestions.For more information or to get involved, please join our Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/atlanta-emerging-librarians or email email@example.com
GLA Guide for New Members
So you've just joined GLA.... now what? Consult our Guide for New Members and find out how to get involved and get the most out of your GLA experience!