Georgia Gwinnett College
Kennesaw State University
Crossroads Public Library
- To recruit new members into the Georgia Library Association and to help these members further their knowledge of the profession and the association.
- To provide new members of the profession with a common meeting ground for connecting with one another and to the Georgia library community as a whole.
- To facilitate professional growth through offering meeting presentations and training, a wiki-based collaborative resource center, committee involvement, and many other opportunities.
- To assist the Georgia Library Association in promoting a greater feeling of involvement and responsibility for the development of library service and librarianship.
- To act as a sounding board for ideas of the New Members Round Table membership and to identify potential leaders within the Georgia Library Association.
January 25, 2008
October 16, 2008 - NMRT and AEL
April 17, 2010
October 13, 2010
January 28, 2011
October 5, 2011
January 27, 2012
January 11, 2013
December 14, 2016
AEL's Mingle with the Admins
Date: Saturday, January 14, 2017
Time: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Manuel's Tavern in Poncey-Highland,
602 North Highland Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30307
As is tradition, we have invited a mix of public, academic and special library administrators to share information about their libraries and any open positions they may have available. This is a great opportunity to meet administrators and hiring managers from libraries where you are interested in building your career.
Appetizers, sweet tea and soda will be provided.
RSVP for this event
Atlanta Emerging Librarians:
Formed in early 2008, AEL is intended to create in-person connections between MLIS students, new graduates and new librarians in the Atlanta area. The group meets 4 times a year for networking events and professional development presentations. All events are free. We welcome visitors, volunteers, and program suggestions.For more information or to get involved, please join our Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/atlanta-emerging-librarians or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GLA Guide for New Members
So you've just joined GLA.... now what? Consult our Guide for New Members and find out how to get involved and get the most out of your GLA experience!