Kennesaw State University
University of Georgia
- To recruit new members into the Georgia Library Association and to help these members further their knowledge of the profession and the association.
- To provide new members of the profession with a common meeting ground for connecting with one another and to the Georgia library community as a whole.
- To facilitate professional growth through offering meeting presentations and training, a wiki-based collaborative resource center, committee involvement, and many other opportunities.
- To assist the Georgia Library Association in promoting a greater feeling of involvement and responsibility for the development of library service and librarianship.
- To act as a sounding board for ideas of the New Members Round Table membership and to identify potential leaders within the Georgia Library Association.
January 25, 2008
October 16, 2008 - NMRT and AEL
April 17, 2010
October 13, 2010
January 28, 2011
October 5, 2011
January 27, 2012
January 11, 2013
Mingle with the Admins 5
Thursday, December 19, 2013, 7-9 PM
602 N. Highland Ave
Atlanta, GA 30033
Atlanta Emerging Librarians (AEL) invites you to a networking and information session to benefit library students, graduates and new librarians. Mingle with the Admins V is a wonderful opportunity to meet and receive advice from a number of library administrators, representing many different types of libraries, who will offer insights into the nature of their organizations. You'll also be able to network and swap stories with your fellow emerging librarians.
We expect representatives from multiple academic and public libraries in the Metro Atlanta area.
Snacks will be provided. Drinks will be available for purchase.
Register for the event
Atlanta Emerging Librarians:
Formed in early 2008, AEL is intended to create in-person connections between MLIS students, new graduates and new librarians in the Atlanta area. The group meets 4 times a year for networking events and professional development presentations. All events are free. We welcome visitors, volunteers, and program suggestions. For more information or to get involved, please join our Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/atlanta-emerging-librarians or email email@example.com
Atlanta Emerging Librarians Listserv:
Want to connect with other library school students, new librarians or recent graduates in Georgia? Join the AEL list serve for event announcements and discussion forums.
Georgia Librarians Resource Center:
A wiki-based resource center for all Georgia librarians to provide information about job resources, library organizations, professional development opportunities and other useful information. See something missing? Please join us as a writer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.