Georgia Gwinnett College
Kennesaw State University
Crossroads Public Library
- To recruit new members into the Georgia Library Association and to help these members further their knowledge of the profession and the association.
- To provide new members of the profession with a common meeting ground for connecting with one another and to the Georgia library community as a whole.
- To facilitate professional growth through offering meeting presentations and training, a wiki-based collaborative resource center, committee involvement, and many other opportunities.
- To assist the Georgia Library Association in promoting a greater feeling of involvement and responsibility for the development of library service and librarianship.
- To act as a sounding board for ideas of the New Members Round Table membership and to identify potential leaders within the Georgia Library Association.
January 25, 2008
October 16, 2008 - NMRT and AEL
April 17, 2010
October 13, 2010
January 28, 2011
October 5, 2011
January 27, 2012
January 11, 2013
December 14, 2016
AEL Formal Mingle: You've Got Options: Working as a Special Librarian
Date: Saturday, September 30, 2017
Time: Library Tour: 11:30am-12:00pm / Presentation: 12:00pm-2:00pm
Metropolitan Library (1332 Metropolitan Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30310)
RSVP: Please RSVP at https://aelspeciallibrarians.eventbrite.com
Atlanta Emerging Librarians:
Formed in early 2008, AEL is intended to create in-person connections between MLIS students, new graduates and new librarians in the Atlanta area. The group meets 4 times a year for networking events and professional development presentations. All events are free. We welcome visitors, volunteers, and program suggestions. For more information or to get involved, please join our Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/atlanta-emerging-librarians or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coastal Georgia Library Collaborative (CGLC):
Formed in December 2015, CGLC creates collaborative interaction, teamwork, networking, professional development, and connections between all library staff in Savannah (Chatham county and surrounding area). For more information or to get involved, please email email@example.com
GLA Guide for New Members
So you've just joined GLA.... now what? Consult our Guide for New Members and find out how to get involved and get the most out of your GLA experience!