The Society of Georgia Archivists Annual Meeting Program Committee proudly presents the theme for the 2020 conference: Building Partnerships and Dismantling Barriers.
The Committee invites you to attend the meeting, to be held in Jekyll Island, Georgia, November 11 – 13.
As we move into a new decade, our 2020 program will focus on how our profession can continue to grow through inclusive practices designed to attract new user groups and improve the experience of existing constituencies. Presentations will examine how archivists can strengthen their relationships with researchers, donors, colleagues, and allied organizations; reimagine traditional structures, systems, and practices to enhance the profession’s growth and impact; and facilitate broad access to collections and services.
For the 2020 annual meeting, the Program Committee seeks session proposals that highlight innovative research, applied projects, and collective insights that improve our understanding of the following key topics:
- Building sustainable and reciprocal community partnerships;
- Increasing awareness and use of collections;
- Broadening diversity in the profession and in our collections;
- Sustaining archival work under difficult conditions or with limited resources;
- Enabling physical and virtual accessibility of our materials; and
- Managing major disruptions, like COVID-19, with strategies such as remote archival work, adaptive reuse of space, and increased emphasis on digital collections.
While traditional panel sessions are welcome, the Program Committee also seeks proposals for hands-on, interactive, or discussion-based sessions. We encourage potential presenters to review the SGA Statement on Diversity and Inclusion and consider how their proposed session content will serve and support a wide variety of institution types, professional roles and backgrounds, and user communities. We invite you to share your work as part of a vibrant, diverse, and growing archival community at the 2020 Annual Meeting. To see the presentation types planned for the meeting and to submit a proposal, visit the
submission form . The deadline for proposal submissions is May 15, 2020.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.