The time to elect your 2021 GLA Executive Board and Division Officers is almost here! To help you prepare, check out the Georgia Library Association Election Guide for a full list of candidates and amendments that are on the ballot!
From September 1, 2020 to September 20, 2020, all members of the association will receive an email with a link to the GLA Executive Board election ballot and the ballot for any GLA division in which they are eligible to vote.
In addition, a ballot will be included that asks all GLA members to approve recent changes to the GLA Constitution & Bylaws. These amendments essentially:
- Update names of committees and positions
- Identify a procedure for filling a vacant Executive Board position when an elected officer has to decline the position before taking office
- Update all election procedures to ensure all divisions are participating in the annual GLA elections held in September
- Identify where the constitution and bylaws for individual division and interest groups should reside
- Outline the appointment process for the GLA Parliamentarian
- Outline the appointment process and duties of the Administrative Services Coordinator
- Update the duties of the Conference Committee
Note: Interest Group and Interest Group Council elections are held separately later in the year.