The Academic Library Division of the Georgia Library Association/Georgia Chapter of ACRL invites Georgia librarians and library science students to submit research papers pertaining to academic libraries for presentation at 2021 Georgia Libraries Conference. Criteria for selection include purpose, content, organization, scholarship, and references. Papers should include research on developments in academic libraries that present challenging opportunities for libraries and librarianship throughout the state, region, or nation. Papers should be approximately 2000 – 6000 words.
The Georgia Library Quarterly (GLQ) may invite selected authors to submit their papers for possible publication in GLQ.
GLA may award complimentary Georgia Library conference registration and a cash prize for the paper selected as the top entry. Complimentary conference registration may be awarded to the runner-up entry. The two top papers will be presented at the Georgia Libraries Conference. If no paper is submitted or papers are not deemed scholarly, then ALD reserves the right to not present an award for the year.
DISCLAIMER: Papers may have multiple authors, but only one author may be awarded complimentary registration and the cash prize will be shared amongst all authors of the selected paper.
Notice of Intention:
- The notice of intent includes your name, phone number, email address, a tentative title, and a brief (200 word) abstract.
- Notice of Intention Due: April 12, 2021
- Notice of Intention Form: https://forms.gle/uUBEBxifHFemkgMZA
- The final paper should be approximately 2000 – 6000 words. Please use the APA (American Psychological Association) as the style guide for the submission.
- Final Submission Form Due: July 12, 2021
- Final Paper Submission Form: https://forms.gle/QMMr2VwJsa4Jt4vH9
- Notification of Results: August 4, 2021
If you have questions contact Catherine Manci, Selected Papers Review Committee Chair at email@example.com