The GLC Conference Committee is hard at work on planning an exciting GLC 2021. In preparation, the committee has started an FAQ document that they graciously shared with us. This is a living document. Please come back often for more information.
- When is my presentation proposal due?
- June 25th. Submit here.
- When is the conference?
- October 6th-8th
- How does the virtual conference work?
- We’re using Whova again this year! Sessions will be a mix of recorded and live presentations. Stay tuned for the awards ceremony, evening events and scholarship raffle info!
- What’s the viewing party about?
- While the entire conference is virtual, there will be select locations across the state hosting viewing parties for the keynote. We’re thrilled to welcome Tracie Hall, ALA Executive Director, as our keynote this year, on Thursday, October 7th at 4:30 pm. If you’re ready to gather in person, please consider joining us on-site.
- Is there an additional charge to attend a viewing party?
- No, there is no charge to attend a viewing party, but pre-registration is required. Stay tuned for more details!
- How much is a conference registration?
- We’re able to offer substantial discounts for this online conference and have held registration to $45 for members and $85 for non-GLA members.
- How do I check to see if my membership is current?
- As a presenter, do I still need to register for the conference?
- Yes, presenters are required to register for the conference. GLC is a place for our members and guests to showcase their professional accomplishments with our profession at large. All attendees, including presenters, are required to register for the conference. We’re able to offer substantial discounts for this online conference and have held registration to $45 for members and $85 for non-GLA members.
- Will any of the sessions be offering CEUs?
- According to the Secretary of State’s rules for licensure, programs sponsored by a professional association are approved. The responsibility for documenting the fulfillment of the continuing education requirements rests with the licensee. See http://rules.sos.ga.gov/gac/320-5 for more information, and click here for the form.
- What if I have more questions?
- In preparation for GLC, the GLA Conference Committee will be hosting GLC Office Hours weekly on Wednesdays from 11 AM – 12 PM. to help answer your questions
Drop-in anytime between 11 AM and 12 PM to ask your questions regarding proposals, registration, format, and more. If we do not have the answer to your question, your question and email address will be noted so we can follow up with you.
Google Meet JoIning info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/uyr-aoqq-zaf
Or dial: ?(US) +1 929-324-2357? PIN: ?373 932 169?#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/uyr-aoqq-zaf?pin=3617459757765
We look forward to hearing your questions!