The Georgia Library Association Awards Committee seeks nominations from academic, public, school, and special librarians in Georgia for the 2018 GLA Awards. Winners will be recognized at the 2018 Georgia Libraries Annual Conference in Columbus.
GLA has a variety of awards to celebrate individual or team contributions to libraries or to the state organization. Do you know anyone who is:
• A GLA member who has made significant contributions to GLA? Consider nominating this person for the Bob Richardson Award, the McJenkin-Rheay Award, or the Norma Symmers Paraprofessional Award.
• A non-library employee who has made outstanding contributions to libraries? Consider the Charles Beard Advocacy Award.
• An employee of a vendor, school, public library system, or academic institution who has furthered library development in Georgia? Consider the Library Support Services Award.
• A practicing Georgia librarian who has made substantial contributions to the library profession? Consider the Nix-Jones Award.
• A team that has excelled in the past year by offering innovative programming or services or providing outstanding support to a Georgia library? Consider the GLA Team Award.
A complete list of awards and descriptions can be found at http://tiny.cc/GLAawards. Individuals may be nominated in more than one category, although only one award can be given. Please note that some awards require GLA membership.
To nominate an individual or team, please email the following documents to Awards Committee chair Kelly Ansley by Friday, April 27 , 2018:
Completed 2018 award nomination form, available at https://gla.georgialibraries.org/comm_awards_nomination.htm
A letter of support detailing the qualifications of the person(s) nominated
Award winners will be contacted in late summer 2018. Please direct any questions to Kelly Ansley, Awards Committee chair, at (478) 289-2088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.