The Georgia Library Association Awards Committee seeks nominations from special, school, public and academic librarians in Georgia for the 2021 GLA Awards. Winners will be recognized at the 2021 Georgia Libraries Annual Conference (formerly COMO).
GLA has a variety of awards to celebrate individual or team contributions to libraries or to a supported state organization. Do you know anyone who is:
· A GLA member who has made significant contributions to GLA? Consider nominating this person for the Bob Richardson Award, the McJenkin-Rheay Award, the GLA Mid-Career Award or the Norma Symmers Paraprofessional Award.
· A non-library employee who has made outstanding contributions to libraries? Consider the Charles Beard Advocacy Award.
· An employee of a vendor, school, public library system, or academic institution who has furthered library development in Georgia? Consider the Library Support Services Award.
· A practicing Georgia librarian who has made substantial contributions to the library profession? Consider the Nix-Jones Award.
· A team that has excelled in the past year by offering innovative programming, services, solutions, or outstanding support to a Georgia library? Consider the GLA Team Award.
A complete list of awards and descriptions can be found at https://gla.georgialibraries.org/resources/awards/ . Individuals may be nominated in more than one category, although only one award may be received. Please note that some awards require GLA membership.
To nominate an individual or team, email the following documents to the awards committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2021:
One) A completed 2021 award nomination form, available at https://gla.georgialibraries.org/resources/awards/
Two) A letter of support detailing the qualifications of the person(s) nominated
Nominators may send additional material supporting their nominee.
Award winners will be contacted in late summer 2021. Please direct any questions to Adrianne Junius, Awards Committee chair, at 678-458-9690 or email@example.com
The GLA Awards Committee looks forward to hearing from you!
Posted by Tim Wojcik.