Purpose & Contact
The purpose and function of the Advocacy Division of the Georgia Library Association is to promote the development and improvement of libraries for the benefit of the people of Georgia by serving as the primary liaison between the Georgia Library Association and state and national legislative bodies to advocate for policy changes, legislative decisions, funding, and increased awareness of the role, value, and goals of the public library and library services in the community.
Contact the division at email@example.com.
- Chair: Brienne Coates
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Melissa Brown, Georgia Southern University
- Secretary: Angela Cortellino, Sequoyah Regional Library
- ALA Advocacy 101 video
- ALA Frontline Advocacy Toolkit
- GPLS Elevator Speech Message Cards (pdf) Use these cards to develop and share messaging about your library’s impact (Public Libraries)
- The E’s of Libraries®
- AASL Advocacy Tools (School Libraries)