Purpose & Contact
The Library Staff Division grew out of the Support Staff and Paraprofessional Resources Interest Group (SPRIG). SPRIG’s objectives were to
- Support the objectives of the Georgia Library Association;
- Represent paraprofessionals and support staff who work in Georgia libraries;
- Offer programs of substance at the Georgia Library Association annual conference aimed at improving relationships and coordination among paraprofessionals and support staff and professional staff;
- Offer workshops and other continuing education opportunities to paraprofessionals and support staff;
- Encourage appropriate standards for educational institutions offering programs for library paraprofessionals and support staff; and
- Advance the status of paraprofessionals and support staff.
In 1997 the GLA Executive Board approved SPRIG’s request to become a Division of the Association. It was formed as the Paraprofessional Division. In 2021 the GLA Paraprofessional Division changed its name to the Library Staff Division.
Contact the division at firstname.lastname@example.org.