January 15, 2021
January 10, 2020
July 15, 2019 Leadership Virtual Meeting
February 28, 2019 Leadership Virtual Meeting
January 11, 2019 Minutes
January 19, 2018 Minutes
December 14, 2016 Minutes
January 11, 2013 Minutes
January 27, 2012 Minutes
October 5, 2011 Minutes
January 28, 2011 Minutes
October 13, 2010 Minutes
April 17, 2010 Minutes
October 16, 2008 – NMRT and AEL Minutes
January 25, 2008 Minutes
- To recruit new members into the Georgia Library Association and to help these members further their knowledge of the profession and the association.
- To provide new members of the profession with a common meeting ground for connecting with one another and to the Georgia library community as a whole.
- To facilitate professional growth through offering meeting presentations and training, a wiki-based collaborative resource center, committee involvement, and many other opportunities.
- To assist the Georgia Library Association in promoting a greater feeling of involvement and responsibility for the development of library service and librarianship.
- To act as a sounding board for ideas of the New Members Round Table membership and to identify potential leaders within the Georgia Library Association.
Atlanta Emerging Librarians
Formed in early 2008, AEL is intended to create in-person connections between MLIS students, new graduates and new librarians in the Atlanta area. The group meets at least four times a year for networking events and professional development presentations. We welcome visitors, volunteers, and program suggestions. For more information or to get involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coastal Georgia Library Collaborative (CGLC)
Formed in December 2015, CGLC creates collaborative interaction, teamwork, networking, professional development, and connections between all library staff in Savannah (Chatham county and surrounding area). For more information or to get involved, please email email@example.com
Middle Georgia Emerging Librarians (MGEL)
Formed in 2020, MGEL focuses on creating a network of librarians and future librarians connected to the many public and academic libraries within Middle Georgia. For more information or to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GLA Guide for New Members
So you’ve just joined GLA…. now what? Consult our Guide for New Members and find out how to get involved and get the most out of your GLA experience!