The School Library Media Division seeks to bring together information professionals from all patron and student age groups to improve information literacy in Georgia.
Now is the time to participate in the School Library & Media Division of the Georgia Library Association. A dedicated team has been appointed to investigate the needs of school library and media professionals in Georgia and build programs and partnerships to help meet these needs. If you have ideas for strengthening professional resources for professionals in school libraries and media centers, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the revitalization plan see the following documents:
- Report to the GLA Executive Board on GLA School Library & Media Division (January 2021)
- SLMD Presentation to the GLA Executive Board (January 2021)
- School Library & Media Division Taskforce
Members of School Library & Media Division Taskforce:
- Chair: Casey Long, Agnes Scott College
- Members: John Stephans, Stacey Hill, and Ebony Cleaves
AASL – The American Association of School Librarians
The division of the American Library Association that advocates for school librarians and media specialists.
GLMA – The Georgia Library Media Association
The largest professional association in Georgia advocating for school librarians and media specialists.