One of the most important things that any association can do is to honor the excellence we see in our peers, in our supporters, and in the people who make Georgia’s libraries excellent in every single way.
GLA has a variety of awards to celebrate individual or team contributions to libraries or to the state organization. Do you know anyone who is:
- A GLA member who has made significant contributions to GLA?
- A non-library employee who has made outstanding contributions to libraries?
- An employee of a vendor, school, public library system, or academic institution who has furthered library development in Georgia?
- A practicing Georgia librarian who has made substantial contributions to the library profession?
- A team that has excelled in the past year by offering innovative programming or services or providing outstanding support to a Georgia library?
There are awards for all of these contributions are more!
A complete list of awards and descriptions can be found at http://tiny.cc/GLAawards. Individuals may be nominated in more than one category, although only one award can be given.
To nominate an individual or team, please complete the 2020 Nominations Form and enclose a letter of support and other supporting documents you’d like to send along with your nomination!
The deadline this year is May 31, 2020.
Award winners and their nominators will be contacted in late summer 2020.
Please direct any questions to the GLA Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org